Many of you know about our career services managed by Librarian Bernice Kao. Just this Wednesday, she and a team of volunteers from the library and from the State Center Community College North Centers offered a free mock interview service and workshops to job seekers at the Fresno Bee's Career Builder Job Fair at Pardini's from 9am - 2pm.
The mock interviews helped dozens of job seekers in ALL fields polish their interview skills.
Just some tips included:
- Tell a story about your skills, list the highlights when you went above and beyond
- Keep your resume simple, employers size it up in 7 seconds
- Tie your past experiences into the job you are interviewing for
- Never ask about benefits during an interview (wait until the job offer), ask instead about opportunities for professional development
- Help with Resumes --Every second Tuesday at 2pm
- Mock Interviews--Every fourth Thursday at 4pm
Visit the library's job and career services page for more information about the library's job-related services.